Let’s face it in today’s culture you can get married at variety of points in your life. For some people a wedding may be the most exciting part of their life to date, others may have higher priorities but are super excited, and some a mere formality. None the less regardless of whether you had children before you were married, or your 20, or this is your third marriage it is a memorable and special moment in your life. A lot of the time we get caught going through life in motions and forget the love, laughter, and smiles of our every day lives, never the less our wedding day. Which is totally the reason foe creating this blog! Being in the wedding industry – I love weddings!! – and want everyone to remember even a glimpse of the happiness of their special day. A few ways to recreate the feelings of your wedding day are:
1. Put on your wedding dress once a year – Not only does this bring back hopefully a lot of great memories it is just generally super fun! It doesn’t matter if your 9 months pregnant or your body is not the same as it was, slip it on as best you can, get your significant other to put on theirs as well! Such a fun way to bond!
2. Read your vows – Life can get in the way of the two of you communicating and sharing your feelings, sooooo…. re-read your vows once a year 🙂
3. Celebrate your anniversary – although I completely understand there isn’t always a lot of disposable income, stay home make a great meal together and celebrate your milestone because every year, every day, every week is something to be cherished.
4. Always say I love you – These three little words mean so much and they genuinely make you feel fantastic and they remind us of the love we have for each other.
5. Wedding Photos – Actually print some of your wedding photos and have them framed in your house. This is a constant reminder of your awesome day. While this is simple so many people do not have a single wedding photo up in there house.
6. Wedding meal – Make your wedding meal. If you had stuffed chicken with asparagus and potatoes – make it! This evokes a whole different set of emotions and senses.
7. Wedding rings – once a year put your partners wedding ring on them again. This small symbolic gesture reminds you that you are together through thick and thin!
8. Wedding Album – Once a year go through all of your wedding pictures!
9. Picture – Every year on your anniversary take a picture of the two of you. Watch the changes in the two of you over the years.
10. The infamous vow renewal – If the mood should strike you, renew your vows 🙂
I must admit I am pretty proud of this post! So many fun ways to remember your special day. It is so wonderful to cherish the ones you love so dearly and show them how you feel. When’s your anniversary? How do you show the one you love how you feel?
Urban Diamond White